Thursday 14 February 2013

Your special Valentine

 
So I have been dog-sitting these two dogs for a while and I thought this would be a great story to tell.  Lets call them Tink and Peter Pan to keep them anonymous.

Now Peter Pan really loves life, he is not afraid of anything or anyone.  He believes he can come into the house, lie by my feet in front of the TV and even come protect me while I am sleeping.  He also loves being close to me and follows me everywhere. 

Then there is Tink...
She believes that I am a threat, and that she should run for her life when I approach.
  She bolts down the house and literally flies through the window and then out the fence...  She can actually get through the burglar bars of the window and the fence bars, its unbelievable what you can do in difficult situations.
After six days she is starting to see that I have not hurt her yet, and I just keep giving them food and water, but she is still not quite sure she is safe with me yet.

I believe that Tink was hurt somewhere in her life and that is why she is such a nervous wreck, where Peter Pan must have had smooth sailing most of his life.  It is painful for me to see just how much pain Tink has.  Who hurt her and what on earth did they do to her?  I just want to hold her in my arms and never let go.

These lovely dogs got me thinking, and when that happens it gets dangerous.  They are so much like people, yes, like you and me.  Some of us have been hurt real badly during our lives, and others maybe have had it a bit easier.  Either way, these experiences are all part of how we look at life and others.  It affects the way we handle situations.  Some of us are so scared to be hurt again, and do not let anyone into our lives.  While some feel that life is just life, and people are people and they just enjoy it all. I guess there are many other kinds of people in-between too.  We may even be scared that God will not look after us or protect us.

In Psalm 37v18 - 19 it just proves the opposite.  It says that God will take care of us day by day, and that we will receive a reward that will last forever.  We will survive through hard times; even in famine God will make sure that we will have more than enough.

In Jeremiah 29v11 God also tells us that he has plans for good and not for disaster, to give us a future and a hope.  It also says that when we pray, He will listen and when we look for Him, he will be found by us.

So just like I do not want to hurt Tink, God does not want to hurt us.  He is on your side.  
This also made me think that we should have more patience with each other, as we do not know what other people have been through.  Maybe on this Valentines day you can make a difference in someones life, by just having more patience with them when you do not understand them.  Wait around, and maybe you can also see the light at the edge of the silver lining of your or someone else's dark cloud.  

Please if after you have read this and you tried the patience thing, feel free to share the result, I would really like to know even if you do it anonymous.  Or if you have any other comments, it is so welcome.



 


1 comment:

  1. Ek wou net gou bysit, dat na n week saam met Tinkerbel, na die deurdruk en nie opgee nie, ek nou totale deurbraak het met haar. Sy volg my oral in die huis rond. Dit is n fantastiese gevoel!!

    ReplyDelete