Wednesday 5 September 2012

These streets...

"Wanting to be someone else, is a waste of the person you are."
Marilyn Monroe


When you find yourself in South Africa, you will see that people are very creative.  
These street sweepers were hard at work, 
and I just happened to have my camera with me while driving past.


It takes four people to sweep the pavements on one of our Durbanville streets.
One person to sweep the discarded, empty containers from the passing traffic, 
another one to hold the shovel to pick up the dirt, 
and the third person to hold the bag just right, so the shovel can go in with ease.



Oh, the fourth person was not part of the cleaning crew, 
she just happened to walk past...
and I thought she perfected the picture with her lime green and lilac ensemble.

2 comments:

  1. Fab photo's. How I miss S.A....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tnx Denise, so glad someone posted a comment, and its great that its you. I miss you in South Africa too...

      Delete