Saturday 5 July 2014

Cape Town at a glance

Cape Town, South Africa is known for having four seasons in one day during the winter months, you can expect anything to happen, and it probably will.  It is also known as 'The Cape of storms' and 'The windy city'.  The two photos below were taken while I was walking along the Seapoint promenade last Saturday. 





The wind-shaped trees along the promenade all lean away from the ocean.  I guess after years of blowing in the same direction it just started growing horizontally.  It is quite a sight, and worth having a look at when you are in our beautiful city.







The next few pictures were taken between rain showers in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town.  I went for yet another walk to take some pictures of the beauty all around me.  Within half an hour it was raining again, but I was snug as a bug in my flat by then.  










"From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made.  They can clearly see his invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature.  So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God."
Romans 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment