Thursday 29 November 2012

Animals, prints and golden oldies

The last couple of weeks have been hectic.

Between sewing and taking photos, I do some Au Pairing as well. This week I looked after a dear friend's dog, and house sat for them.  Wow, and I almost forgot about the blogging.  It is a full life indeed.

I sometimes buy a couple of meters fabric and think 'I could use it later...'
There are a few crates full already.


So I got to use some of them at last.
This animal print I made for a friend in Australia, and was sent it last week.  Hope it got there safely. I won't tell who its for and spoil the Christmas surprise.


The red printed top I made as a sample to show some shops, turns out I needed a red top for a Latino night.  Bonus.  Now I get to wear it.



The upside down cows and horses on this top was bought specially for my niece.  It took me a few months before I got to making it, but voila, its done at last.

Funny thing is that even though I make all these interesting things, it is rarely for myself.  I have inflammation in my ankle from all the sewing (which I honestly never thought could happen).  How ridiculous is that.  I will endeavor to make some for myself for Christmas and will blog about it.  Ha, no pressure....

My comfy golden oldies (almost like a second skin), take note that the ripped effect is not bought like that (like the ones you get in the shops these days), but it is well worn in.  Mail me some of your golden oldies, would love to see them.









2 comments:

  1. Love the garments Jo. My fav is that animal print dress, I'm sure your friend down under is going to love it.
    Hope your ankle gets better soon.
    P.S Do you want golden oldies we live in or that we have made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe. I am sure she will love it, just hope it fits. It will be cool to see the ones you live in... But you can also send the ones you have made.

    ReplyDelete