Sunday 7 December 2014

Upcycle an old skirt into a cute dress.



Yesterday, I decided to make a dress from a skirt that was given to me.  It was not exactly my style, but the fabric was divine.   So I got some inspiration from a Vintage pattern, and this is what I came up with.





This is the pre-loved skirt, from a brand called 'St Michael' - or what was left of it after I got hold of it. (I only thought of writing a blog about it, after I cut out my new dress.)







I used this Vintage 'Style' pattern as my inspiration, but changed it from a fitted bodice and semi-circular skirt, into a short, loose-fitting dress - as I know this suites my body type better.




I completed the dress today, and decided to blog about the experience.  In addition to this, I have something new to wear tomorrow, in the hot, African sun - that nobody else has a copy of.



Being creative is a gift, and if you use your talent it seems like the creativity comes pouring out of you.  Do you know what your talent is?  Are you using it and loving it?  If not, maybe its time for a new adventure into your world to find out what your talent is.  Please post on the blog when you find out, as I would love to know.  Have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment