Monday 3 August 2015

Sugar and spice and all things nice

My latest project was creating six dresses for 'Wendy', from 'Peter Pan'.  It was a new experience for me, as I usually make garments for grown ups, but these were for Primary School pupils.




Each seam had to be hand sewn first, because the satin moved in its own direction under the machine, it was like the dresses wanted to come to life!


Then each piece was re done with the Overlocker.  With the seams in place with the hand sewing, I found it much easier to attach all the slippery bits.




Eventually the dresses were ready to come to life on the stage.  I can not wait to see the show in September!!!


PS:  I love how the wind played along in bringing these to life today.  It is one of Cape Town's best features for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment