Friday 10 April 2020

Easter during lockdown and unprecedented times.



I think we can all say that we are going through 
unchartered territory across the globe. 

'Lockdown', due to a scary disease is in every country.


We have questions like "Will this ever end?",  "How did this become so big, in such a small amount of time?"  "Why are so many people dying?" "Will I be spared?"  "Will someone I know or love die?"

I am sure Jesus had the same kind of thoughts back in the day when he was about to be crucified.  This was his situation as recounted in 


Luke 22 v42(NIV)

Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” 
'43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. (NIV)'

Jesus was going through something so difficult.  It clearly states that he was in anguish, and that his sweat was like drops of blood.  That sounds very similar to our current situation.  The only difference is, that Jesus had the power to change his situation, but he chose not to.  He chose not to, because he knew what the whole experience would mean for you and me.  He had to be crucified, so that we can have eternal life.


Mark 15 v 33-34 (NIV)

'33 At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. 34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”'

The cross meant pain and even death for Jesus, but it meant life and forgiveness for the people and for us.  He loved us so much, that he gave his life for us.  Yes, every single one of us.  Not just people who go to church or say that they are Christians.  Everyone!  Every single person across the globe.  We are all standing together in this fight against COVID19, and God is standing right alongside us.  He is there for you, all you have to do is ask His help, and He will help you.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

'14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.'

No comments:

Post a Comment