Tuesday 18 August 2015

Dovetail Hoodie



I created this top with the idea of a funky, warm and comfortable coat with a hoodie, as a top layer over my other clothes.  At first it was so long that it touched the ground.  After one day of wearing it, I realised that I had to change the style.   Even though I did not mind the 'Muslim' inspired look, as that was where I got the idea to begin with, this one was not warm enough and I kept stepping on the seam.




The Wendy dresses that I made previously then became my inspiration for the new details.   I chopped off most of the length but kept some in the back giving it a dovetail design feature.  In addition to this, I added some ruching detail in the back and I attached some blue and white ribbon to give it a 'girly' look. 




 I love my new top and it is very comfortable and fun to wear.

2 comments: